border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Boa Forums > General Boa Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-10, 12:28 PM   #1
SlimeyLimey805

Send a message via AIM to SlimeyLimey805
Exclamation NewSnake! Dumeril's owners your input is requested.

finally got my hands on a second serpant! just got a baby Dumeril's Boa from some guy in LA who had gotten it at NARBC. she's a female (obviously haha) and about 22"-24" long and about as thick as my thumb, so i'm assuming she's pretty young. she is slimmer than i expected but she doesnt seem under fed as i cant see any ribs, or anything of that sort. i've read that they're are actually a lighter build than most people think they are, is this true? i tried offering her a very small adult mouse (honestly looked only a few days away from being a hopper) about a week after i got her and she ignored it. so i assumed she may still be adjusting so i tried a few days later, and still nothing. i dont know exactly when she was last fed, but she doesn't have any bulges, and the guy apparently fed her fuzzy rats, but i cant get baby rats with ease where i live so i really need to try and get her on mice until she can take small adult rats. any advice? wisdom? help? etc;? i have her in a fifty gallon tank with a UTH heater in one end and two good secure hides (one in each end) and a sizeable water dish for her. she seems to like lying under the aspen bedding i have down so i was thinking she might like to ambush the prey? i have a pregnant mouse atm so i may try leaving her be with a fuzzy/hopper or two and see if maybe she's just gun shy around people.

BUT anyway, sorry about the long post to all who read it. to sum up i need advice on how to get this little girl to start eating asap so i know everything is good. and any other and ALL advice from experienced Dumeril's owners would be greatly appreciated. so uh yea.. advice please?
Login to remove ads

Tags
advice, baby boa, dumeril's boa, feeding, ground boa