Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > General Python Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-09, 10:29 AM   #1
Will0W783
The Original Urban Legend

Send a message via AIM to Will0W783
Smile New D'Albert's White-lipped Python Pair

Hi everyone! I just got a breedable pair of white-lipped pythons, the northern golden phase. They are absolutely stunning animals. The male is around 3 feet and the female about 2.5 feet or so. The male is lighter golden while the female is a dark bronze. The male, Merlin, is very friendly and docile and I can even pet his head and throat. The female, Raven, however, puts up a violent fight to get her out of the tank, and has tagged my middle finger nicely. Once she is out she is handleable, but will snap if you get near her head or move in front of her. Has anyone had this type of python? If so, how did you calm them down, and any advice on them? Right now they are in a 20-gal long tank with jungle floor bedding and a big fake rock hide and vines to climb on. They curl up together under the hide and seem to enjoy each other so I didn't separate them. I mist them 2-3 times a day to keep the humidity up but not overly high. The cool side of the tank sits around 86 at the high point of the day and the basking side gets up around 90. During the night it drops to 78 in the room.
Login to remove ads

Tags
d'alberts, taming, white-lipped python