border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Python Regius

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-05, 05:13 PM   #1
Elmo

Shedding royal

Hey guys, im a royal python newbie after getting mine only two weeks ago. He is three months old and feeding really well. I handle him quite rarely but when i do he handles really well.

I have two problems: He shed recently, but it was very scrappy, came off over two days. I tried to keep the humidy up as much as possible but it was still bad. And even now three days later he still has a loose silvery patch of skin on his head and at the tip of his tale. How can i get this off, will it cause any harm?

Problem 2: Due to a faulty lid I bought for the viv the shelf dropped through and left a mark on the scales on the back of the python. It squeezed him a bit too. I cant feel any harm but surely it hurt. I was sooooo annoyed with the shop that sold me the dodgy lid but what can i do. He is eating fine still and seems happy enough , should this mean that he is ok except for a little mark? Its not bad just a but dull on the scales.

Oh, i got these new iron shelf things i was going to put into the viv for him to climb and hide in. Is this safe?
Login to remove ads