border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > All Other Herp Forums > Aquatic forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-02, 09:58 AM   #1
Shane Tesser

Arowana's in Aquarium fish magazine

Its kinda funny that here all got into somewhat of a debate about these fish the last week and there is an article on keeping them in the september "Aquarium Fish" magazine!

Sophia, its a really good read, i know you have one so i thought of you immediately...I think Lizzy has one too....but im not worried about her cause i picked it up in her store...and im sure she has seen it lol. If for some strange reason you don't get it in your area Sophia, please let me know and ill mail you a copy.

And can you believe that it answered the p.h. question perfectly. I should have bet money here lol...but i didn't. Ill quote the article if i may. " Because their native water contain stumps, roots, floating plants and all sorts of other decaying organic matter, arowanas prefer slightly acid ph. Somewhere around 6.5 to 6.8 is best, while 7.0 should be the uppermost limit". This was my thinking if you recall originally with the post of the original p.h. question. This is what i was worried about for Sophia's tank, that the water may however the opposite way for a little too long and would cause discomfort for the animal. Sophia, if your reading this, to bring down the water just a few drops on the p.h. scale...i personally would just use some peat. I hope this helps...it will just make your little bad boy more comfortable.....and let me know about the magazine! Thanks, shane.
Login to remove ads