border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Boa Forums > General Boa Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-20, 10:51 PM   #1
hogbabyrae

Unhappy HELP. lost hog island boa..

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah and I have found myself in a devastating predicament. This is such a long shot but I thought this would be the best place to ask. I lost my boa outside. It's completely my fault and I feel beyond terrible but I am wondering if anyone has any tips on even the slightest chance of me finding her (believe me I know it's far fetched).

She's four and half to five years old around five feet or so. saturday night, or early sunday if you want to get technical, I left her outside by accident when I went to sleep and didnt realize til 8am the next morning. Around six hours or so. Shes a climber so she was up on some hanging flower pots and decor under my patio, which I've never actually ever seen her climb down from but of course when I woke up panicked and came out to see she was far gone.

This was yesterday morning. I live in El Paso, Texas and she is definitely not a desert snake.. My backyard opens up to a tilted desert spot up into a back alley. Tonight I thought I would move her enclosure outside with her hides and plenty of water. Create a humid space for her to escape and I have one rat left which I was going to try to leave overnight to tempt or lure her back somehow? I think I'm going to try to brain it, which I have never done but every little thing helps right?

We even posted to the neighborhood app just in case she got far enough to some other yard. I combed the back desert spot and my backyard thoroughly looking for any trace of her. Tried my best to think like a snake.

Any other suggestions? I am trying not to get my hopes up but you know..
Login to remove ads

Tags
braining rats, hog island boa, lost snake