border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > General Information Forums > Food For Thought Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-20, 03:47 PM   #1
millp

My 2 month old purchased corn snake won't eat mice since I bought it, Trying eggs.

She's been very fussy and won't eat any mice. I've pushed her into eating a couple sips of egg white from the water dish just now, but that's all the food she's eaten for the past 2 weeks. Is egg safe to feed my snake? Will it have a proper blend of vitamins and minerals to survive my pet alone? (blended yolk and white) I'm thinking I could feed it just egg with maybe half a part water mixed in and a multivitamin dusted on top for proper ratio, will this grow my pet big and stronk? Thank you. She says that she's not happy with life and wants to die and it's very embarrassing to meet such a person if they aren't a 2 month old snake. But I think she's joking and she's starving for some other reason. What could it be? Veganism? Why the hunger strike since I bought her? I don't know how to squeeze her mouth open to force feed her it's like she's too strong to open her mouth or something. I'm gonna keep feeding with only thru egg mixed with part water until she eats a pinkie. I figure muscle is 30% protein and egg is 10% protein, so maybe they need more then 2 parts water to 1 part protein to make muscle AND provide hydration, maybe 4 parts water to 1 part protein, so I mixed the egg half with about half water and I'm gonna keep doing it that way. I'm not gonna provide water because she will choose only water during this hunger strike and die but a THIRST strike is something different. A thirst strike requires a way higher sense of willpower and emotional regulation then a hunger strike does. So I don't think it's gonna happen. Myron will slowly tolerate the hydration that the egg provides and survive. Problem solved? I will update with Myron's health status.
Login to remove ads