border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Giant Python Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-20, 01:42 PM   #1
EeveeIvory

Exclamation Best Reticulated Python Bedding?

I’ve always had smaller snakes growing up, until I went to an expo a couple years back and fell in love with the Reticulated python, I spent about a year doing research on Reticulated Pythons and finally just earlier this month I purchased my first baby Reticulated Python. I’m so happy with Sol, she is just what I wanted in temperament and behavior. However, I’m starting to quickly learn that many information is pretty al over the place, so many things I had to try out for myself.

Sol is currently 5 month old, about 3ish feet. Perfectly healthy and eats like a champ. Her cage is an 80 gallon long (until she gets bigger, I have plans to put her in a custom large cage I’m currently building her) One Hiding rock, a massive water bowl, plenty of climbing sticks. And mixed coconut fiber and Reptibark as bedding. Her temps temporarily sit at 87 hot side and 75 cold (Her 250 watt ceramic heater broke for whatever reason and I’m heading out today to get it fixed) and humidity ranges from 51-68.

Now with the important information out of the way, I’m having an issue with the bedding, She keeps getting it in her mouth. Not like, she’s eating it, more like shes digging in the soil and getting it stuck between the skin and teeth of her jaw. It makes it extremely difficult to take it out, but she doesn’t seem to mind. I have tried just Reptibark in the past but she continues to somehow get it in her mouth. I would try aspen, but aspen doesn’t hold humidity very well, and with her screen like top, It does no justice keeping it in.

What would you recommend for a bedding? Is this normal and I’m just overreacting?
Login to remove ads

Tags
bedding, beginner, new addition, retic, trouble