border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-19, 09:05 PM   #1
Tina the Fishy

Emotional support snake?

Hey, everyone! I have been considering getting a snake as an emotional therapy animal. I already have a snake, but he is a baby corn snake, and since he is small and not used to handling yet, does not give me the emotional support that I am looking for. The reason why he does not give me that support yet is because I find the slithering and gentle squeezing of a BIG snake calming and theraputic. It will take a while for my baby corn to reach that point, so I'm trying to figure out what kind of snake would be best for this. I would like to get this snake actually certified as a therapy animal. I've been thinking ball python because they are big, yet don't get too long, can be kept in a tub instead of a large tank, and are very popular, so it's not going to be hard to find one that someone wants to rehome.
Here are some of my requirements so you guys can shoot me ideas:
1.) Big, but not too big. The more muscle on the snake, the better. I have found that bigger snakes make me feel better.
2.) beginner snake. I am still new to snake keeping, but so far my baby corn in easier than an aquarium.
3.) somewhat active and curious. The therapy is the slithering motion. The only thing I have against ball pythons for this is that all of the ball pythons that I have held so far do what balls do the best... sit in a ball. I would like a snake that finds it interesting to slither around me.
4.) Doesn't take up a lot of space. I am running out of room here.
5.) Diurnal would be nice, but not necessary.
Thanks everyone!
Login to remove ads

Tags
ball python, snake, therapy