border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Enclosure Creation Forums > General Enclosure Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-19, 07:13 PM   #1
ReptileJedi

Thumbs up Corn Snake Enclosure help!!

Hello, I have a some questions about corn snakes. My younger brother has been wanting one for a very long time and he is saving up for everything he needs. Here is a list I have come up with of stuff he needs to get to ensure his new friend has a happy life. Any tips and pointers you can add would be nice. He plans on getting a juvenile 4-6 months old

And one major question I have is about UVB. I keep reading corn snakes don't need it. I thought they did. I have only onwed lizards and have always used UVB. Also if this helps my brother was looking at some red morphs and some have red eyes. I read that UVB can be harmful to snake with red eyes, as it can hurt their eyes. Any imput you can give me on uvb is much appreciated!

Here is what we have come up with so far:

• 20 Gallon tank 30x13x13 (LxWxD)
• Corner shaped water dish big enough for the snake to soak if he pleases
• Exo-terra 75W Intense Basking Spot
• We decided Bio-active is the best way to go. So we are using The Bio Dude Corn Snake Bio Active Kit. It comes with all the bio active substrate you need for a 20 gallon tank (incudes soil, moss, leaf litter), 3 cork bark flats, 8" LED (to help with plant growth), 2 4" tropical plants
• Springtails and Isopods for clean up crew.
• Eventhough The Bio Dudes kit comes with the cork bark we will be adding more hides and different logs and sticks as well to make it more natural and provide plent of spaces to hide.

Thank you for any advice you can give!!
Login to remove ads

Tags
corn snake, corn snake morph help, enclosure, lighting