border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > New to the forum?

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-19, 03:49 PM   #1
Milksnake Mom

Red face New to the forum

I am new to the forum and have two Pueblan milk snakes, Tiffany, who I got in March, and Milton, who I got a couple of days ago.

Milton is a baby, about six to eight inches long and today I cannot find him in his aquarium. He has two hides and a humidity box, fake plants, two water sources and aspen substrate and I am not sure if he is moving as I move the substrate to check for him and he is not in his hide that he likes - it is small and he fit in it perfectly. I cannot find him - I even checked under the aquarium to see if I could see him.

Tiffany hid on me in her aquarium when I first got her and I finally located her hiding in the substrate. I am hoping Milton makes an appearance- it would truly stink if he got out somehow but he was not long enough to reach the screen top - I have a new screen top on order to fit his odd sized tank which is 12 x 36 inches and is 16 inches tall and the seals are good. The current screen I have is too wide and I have it weighed down as my clamps did not fit and I have to go get new ones but it might be too late. I hope to have good news tonight when he would start moving around.

This is Tiffany.

Tiffany has been a great eater but is shy about eating and likes to eat under her food dish. She is getting better about being handled - the last few times I did not get musked.

I am also on the hunt for some female garter snakes to have a community tank of snakes that are active during the day. That tank is set up with a secure fitting lids with clamps and hides, a commercially purchased stick and fake plants and a humidity box. Those have been about as easy to find as Milton is right now.

I look forward to learning about everyone's snakes and their stories.
Login to remove ads

Tags
baby snake, escaped snake, milk snake, new member