border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Colubrid Forums > Elaphe Guttata Guttata

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-19, 05:55 PM   #1
T3rrortoff33

Unhappy Adult corn snake suddenly very hyper

So a few months ago I got a second 13 year old cornsnake. After figuring she might want to dig a bit more I swapped her from humus bedding to wood shavings (I wanna buy aspen bedding soon) but since I've made that change to her tank about a week ago she's been hyper. I tried to feed her the day I swapped her bedding but she refused. And I'm out of mice rn (gonna buy some tomorrow)

She seems rather anxious, constantly moving around and moving her head quite franticly, running her face against the glass walls of her tank. I took her out a few minutes ago and I'm not sure if she just peed on me or musked everywhere out of defence. Usually I can handle her properly but she's always been a bit skittish always trying to move away from me

I just think my snake is anxious because of some bad decision I made and it's making me anxious as well. I appreciate any advice

Ps- I'm especially anxious about this because my first consnake kicked the bucket due to unknown reasons two months ago. We suspect constipation which is why I make sure that my current snake poops regularily- because between all the mouth rots and scale rots i researched about before getting snakes, we never considered the constipations

Last edited by T3rrortoff33; 06-02-19 at 06:02 PM..
Login to remove ads