border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Boa Forums > Erycines

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-18, 12:34 AM   #1
SuperRooster007

Question Baby Male KSB feeding questions

Hi everyone, I am a new snake owner and about 2 and 1/2 weeks ago I received my first snake in the mail! He is a baby male KSB about 8 in. long. One week after he arrived and settled into his habitat I decided to offer him a f/t pinkie for he first time and he ate it without any issue. One week later I decided to try again, without luck. I offered another tonight also unsuccessfully and now I decided to ask for some advice. I’m currently placing him in a separate container to offer him food and I do so by wiggling the mouse next to him and I have tried tapping his mouth with it. The last 2 times I offered him food he seems very afraid of it and tries to quickly back away from it. I tried braining it but still he seemed scared of the mouse. I know sand boss may not eat during a shed but he shows no signs of entering his shed cycle. Any recommendations for what I can try next? I would like to avoid using live mice if possible. I would also like to know how long I should wait to try feeding him again after an unsuccessful attempt.

Some info about my setup:
-I am keeping him in a 20 gallon tank with 2 inches of aspen substrate with a UTH kept at ~94 degrees on the hot side and a cool side ranging from 84(day)-75(night)
-For his feeding container I’ve been using an old cooking pot I no longer use with paper towels lining the inside so he doesn’t get cold
-Last week I moved him from my room upstairs to the downstairs of my house because it was getting too hot up there, however the first time I offered food it was upstairs and he ate it. Is it possible he is stressed downstairs because it is noisier down here and won’t eat?

Any recommendations would be much appreciated, thanks so much!
Login to remove ads

Tags
feeding, kenyan sand boa, pinkies