border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > General Information Forums > Food For Thought Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-18, 08:39 PM   #1
Serpento

Hungry Ball Python

Hello!
I recently had decided to upgrade the feeder mice for my ball python. Before that, she had been eating one adult mouse (frozen) once a week. This Saturday, I decided to give her two mice, since she had grown quite a bit and she looked the right size to eat two. Otherwise, the worst that would happen is that she'd just refuse the second mouse and that'd be it.
She was very happy to eat both mice- which, I should mention again, is double the meal size she's ever had before. Since it was such an upgrade, I gave her the rest of that day, Sunday, and most of Monday (today) without messing with her. However, I noticed today that she was almost out of water, and decided to fill it back up. Apparently, she noticed my fingers and struck at one!
I was pretty surprised at this, because she's never bitten anyone before. What I'm most surprised about though is that she shouldn't still be hungry, right? Judging by this 100% upgrade in meal size, it seems more likely that this was a strike out of aggression. But, she's never been the type to act aggressive, and her personality is usually remarkably docile.
Anyway, I was wondering what I should do now. Should I give her another mouse, since she still seems hungry? Should I just leave her be for a few more days, and see how she's doing? Or should I do something else? By the way, her temperatures are normal, and she's about 2-3 years old and bit over 2 feet long (last time I checked).
Thank you!
Login to remove ads

Tags
ball python, bite, feeding, feeding response