sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Python Regius

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-18, 11:19 PM   #1
NeverSolus

Is this a sign for concern?

I'll try to be brief.

Purchased Ball, Exo-Terra, two hides, bowl, UTH, lamps, etc etc. Beautiful, young, and understandably stressed. Current temps are 74/86, humidity is 55. Initial purchase showed the darling thing to be curious, inquisitive, borderline fearless, and of very healthy attitude. Didn't ball up or tense on initial handling (at purchase) which is what made me make the purchase. Bought supplies, set up tank, picked up snake. Operation kill-my-tax-return was a success. Aspen bedding over reptile carpet, water bowl, etc.

Night one, Ball is left alone entirely. Using UV light in the day, but otherwise leaving it unlit. Ball explores for several hours, then takes to curling around a small decorative vine set suction-cupped to the side of the tank, near the top. I took this to be a quirk, as that's the darkest point (excluding hides), and a sign of initial stress.

Day two. Ball is still wrapped around those vines, hanging balled about them as if it's attempting to be one with the foliage and activate it's super-serpent shape-shifting powers.

Night two. Ball is still there. Responsive if motion occurs outside the exo-terra, but won't come down from the vines.

This may be very silly of me as this is only night two, but I'm quickly growing concerned that she's avoiding something in the exo-terra, or that I've done something terribly wrong. Is this a stress response? Should I be concerned, or wait this out until first-feeding?

A thousand apologies if I am being neurotic, I just cannot seem to get this out of my head and finding it hard to sleep without an answer. Thank you!
Login to remove ads

Tags
health, new ball python, stress