border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Enclosure Creation Forums > General Enclosure Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-18, 07:28 PM   #1
Serpento

Keeping Many Ball Pythons

Hello! I really love ball pythons, and am interested in getting more, but it would be cumbersome (and very expensive) to buy so many large, glass tanks. I also hear that it keeps better humidity to use plastic. I know that professional breeders and seasoned hobbyists use smaller plastic containers in shelves, and I was wondering about some of the ramifications of how those might work. Specifically, I'm confused about the heating aspect of keeping a shelf of snakes. I know people usually use heating pads, but my house is typically cold and a heating pad wouldn't be hot enough on its own for the daytime. I've had trouble finding very thin heating lamps to put under the top shelf and above the plastic container. If they even make those, does anyone have any experience or thoughts on them?
I also know that large-scale breeders typically keep their entire room(s) at appropriate general heats. I can't do this, especially since I'm not planning on large-scale breeding or having a single reptile room (at least, not for a while).
If anyone has had experience keeping reptiles in these kinds of shelves, I'd really appreciate your thoughts on how to heat them.
Thank you!
Login to remove ads

Tags
ball python, heat, heating, help me, plastic