border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Colubrid Forums > Elaphe Guttata Guttata

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-17, 04:17 PM   #1
gregsdad

Smile My corn snake has made me a wuss. How can I pick him up?

My corn snake has made me a wussy. How can I pick him up?
So I have a young corn snake. Ive held him at the pet store and like 4 times at home. Ive had him for like a month or 2 now. He is kinda curious so I used to just let him climb up my hand. He kinda panics but is usually calm. So i was like hey lets practice picking him up and HE DOESNT LIKE IT. In fact he panicks from being touched as most video tutorials say to do to warm the snake up. I leave my hand in for a sec, i have a tissue with my scent in there and today I touched his mid section twice and he ran. I touched him one last time when he calmed down to try and pick him up and he went sidewinder on me and began to his and strike . I let my hand sit near him again and he didnt his and relaxed. Hooks freak him out. I do if I touch him. My leopard gecko warmed up to me from just leaVing my hand in. I dont want to hurt him by jumping from a bite and i feel bad when hes scared. Also should I or should I not lift his hide when I go to handle him.? Ive held bigger snakes and him. I dont know why im so panicked. Im punked out today.
Login to remove ads

Tags
corn snake, handling, picking up, scared