border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > General Python Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-17, 11:35 AM   #1
Little lit

Help! I don't know anything about my snake.

Hello, i hope someone can help with this;
Sorry if this breaks rules or it's a stupid question.
So the story starts with my boyfriend buying himself a pet snake. Not because he loves animals but because he loved the novelty of owning an albino snake.
He was a cruel owner and because I had a phobia of snakes, the snake would only get handled when he threw a house party. He'd blow smoke in its face, intentionally scare it, couldn't be bothered to feed it, etc. I love him, but after watching someone you love act like that towards an animal without remorse... It discontinues to matter that you love them.
I still had a phobia of snakes but itd been suffering a life I wouldn't wish apon my enemies. I admit, I might of hated that snake but I knew it deserved better than that. So I left him and took the snake with me.

Fast forward three and a half years

She's the prettiest, most loveliest, happiest girl in the world.
But because she wasn't mine to begin with, I've recently realised I know nothing about her. My exboyfriend didn't write down any info about her and convinced me she was an Albino Darwin darling carpet Pythonwhich doesn't excist. The store Reptile City where he got her are adamant the previous owner took all the documents with him including my snakes.

So, is there any way to find information about a snake without documents or information on the parents?
Is the information on a snakes parents critical to owning a snake?

for example: I think it's important to know your snakes parents when it comes to breeding?
Login to remove ads

Tags
albino, carpet python, identify