border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > General Information Forums > Breeding / Incubation

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-17, 09:41 AM   #1
Little lit

Looking for help/info/tips how to breed a snake I stole. Please let me explain

Okay, the title sounds reeeeeaaally bad. But don't jump to conclusions, let me explain; This is long so I'll put the questions in bold. And I am sorry if these are stupid questions..

Hi everyone, sorry if I mess up; I'm new to this site. Anyway, I didn't grow up with a love of reptiles or go out of my way to learn about them. In fact I had a crippling phobia of snakes since I was born. Nevertheless, my boyfriend I was living with bought himself a baby albino snake. He's one of those people who would only enjoy owning something for the novelty to bring it out and show his friends and the novelty of an albino snake... He was a terrible owner, threw the snake at things, teased it with food, he would jump at its cage to startle it, blew smoke in its face, tie things to its tail as a game, etc. I was still petrified of it, but it was living the life I wouldn't wish apon my worst enemie.. So what else could I do?; I left him and took his snake.
TLDR: ex is a **** and didn't deserve to own a snake, I took it from him.

Now, Fast forward three and a half years later.

Boots is two and a half meters long, eats one large rat every two weeks and sleeps in my hood when we go for walks.
I love boots and want to do the best I can. So I've been wanting to breed her but only to give her the experience, tbh id probably give the babies away to LOVING homes.
But my friend says snakes have no maternal instincts, so is breeding her just going to stress her out?
And when I even tried to research what to do to breed out your snake they all asked what kind of parents she had. The store that sold her is under new management now and all the old records went with the previous owner who went Mia. So, how important are the details of the snakes parents when it comes to breeding? Reece(my ex) told me she was an albino Darwin darling carpet Python, but that doesn't even exists. I don't understand the 'het' genes or anything. The best I could find out from reptile palace where she came from, is that she's a white Phoenix. 😕

Honestly, just any tips or step by step instructions about breeding your snake would be a god send. or just someone to talk to who might know more than I do about my snake Boots.
Login to remove ads

Tags
albino, breeding, carpet python breeding, python