border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-17, 09:59 PM   #1
Dotz

Exclamation Mites!

Hey, I have a snake collection of 22 Pythons.

I had a mite break out before I moved homes, I treated them for about two months with prevent-a-mite and a betadine bath (for any wounds). I disinfected their enclosures with bleach and bagged up all their decorations. I did this for a two month period before moving them to the new house. I kept up with this treatment for about two months till it looked like all the mites were gone. they're not gone! and their numbers have increased and it does not look like the prevent a mite is actually doing anything. I can't seem to get ahead of them. They're being housed in their enclosures on paper towels, constantly cleaning them, constantly bathing them. I just can't seem to get rid of these Damn mites. Is there any advice anyone can give me that will help. I've tried eco earth in the room (with the reptiles removed to get ride of the mites in the carpets and other) I've done prevent a mite, diatom powder, dish soup (haven't gone for the pam technique because of the horrible problems I've read about complications to the reptiles after use). and I just heard about the nix solution which I'm hesitant to try because its for head lice and not Mites. Has anyone tried this method or any other method not listed above? and can anyone give me advice on how to rid my babies of these damn persistent pests!
Login to remove ads

Tags
ball pythons, burmese python, corn snakes, mites