sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Giant Python Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-16, 01:20 PM   #1
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

Tsubakis Giants, an update topic.

Since I take a lot of random phone pics that never really make it onto the forum because they're just single snapshots.. I will be posting pictures in this topic regularly. I'll have one for my boas and one for my pythons, bit easier that way.

To start off with, I think this is the last picture I took of my pretty girl.. I miss her quirks, even miss her trying to bite my face off while peeing on me.. This will likely be the last picture i post of her as well, she should be first in this.
Old 10-17-16, 01:22 PM   #2
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

Re: Tsubakis Giants, an update topic.

Kira (Selayar retic) looks Nothing like himself when he's in shed! He loves to soak when in shed so he gets a big pool to do so. The container he takes his baths in are the same size as the tubs my smaller boas live in haha.

This is a picture after shed at night, he flares up at night and looks stunning.

Last edited by Tsubaki; 10-17-16 at 01:41 PM..
Old 10-17-16, 01:24 PM   #3
Primal Rage

Props man! I can't imagine keeping snakes that BIG!!
Old 10-17-16, 01:29 PM   #4
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

Thanks Primal
Old 10-17-16, 01:36 PM   #5
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

Little Hiro (SD Genetic Stripe) has grown as expected! Hard to call him a giant, being this size at 2 years old,

Just to give you an idea of how much (Or little! depends on how you look at it) he has grown in the past 15 months. On this picture he is 8 months old.

This is him now, +/- 23 months old.

Old 10-17-16, 01:39 PM   #6
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

Loki (Labyrinth het albino) is becoming a serious snake as well, he is actually catching up very rapidly and gained a whole lot of weight lately. All of his issues have vanished, he is no longer shy at all.. He ate his first rabbit last week! He is still incredibly hissy but not aggressive. Such a handsome boy!

Old 10-17-16, 01:40 PM   #7
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

Zuko (purple retic) is doing great as always, always eats never causes any trouble besides peeing on one of my favourite blankets... Think he started another growth spurt since he's been fed on rabbits only!
Old 10-17-16, 01:55 PM   #8
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

Lyra (?? SD) is doing great too, she is incredibly laid back. So hard to believe i only got her because she was very aggressive to her previous owners.

Nice and muscular build,... making a run for the window haha

Old 10-17-16, 10:26 PM   #9
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubaki View Post
Since I take a lot of random phone pics that never really make it onto the forum because they're just single snapshots.. I will be posting pictures in this topic regularly. I'll have one for my boas and one for my pythons, bit easier that way.

To start off with, I think this is the last picture I took of my pretty girl.. I miss her quirks, even miss her trying to bite my face off while peeing on me.. This will likely be the last picture i post of her as well, she should be first in this.
Oh no what happened?

Everybody else is looking good, Hiro's growth isn't too bad considering he's a dwarf or SD. :P
Old 10-18-16, 02:08 AM   #10
dave himself

That's some collection you have there Tsubaki from SDs right up to mainlands and wee Loki isn't so wee anymore but what's up with the beautiful Xena
Login to remove ads
Old 10-18-16, 05:08 AM   #11
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsnakegirl785 View Post
Oh no what happened?

Everybody else is looking good, Hiro's growth isn't too bad considering he's a dwarf or SD. :P
I bought Hiro as a SD, so far his genetics seem to hold up nicely. he is about 4ft now I think, if he even makes that.. Not sure though, never measured him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave himself View Post
That's some collection you have there Tsubaki from SDs right up to mainlands and wee Loki isn't so wee anymore but what's up with the beautiful Xena
Thanks Dave, yea i got a bit of everything going on here! And Loki definitely isn't wee any more.

Xena passed away sadly, sorry I'm going to keep a long story short I don't really deal well with it.. I suspected something was up because it took her very long to get food down, called in help to check her out (Since she was pushing 15ft) found a weird lump.. Made a vet appointment, ended up taking her in early because she was acting very strangely.. What I felt was a tumour, I did catch it fairly early but it was not the only one she had. Chances of removal and recovering were slim at best, didn't want to put her through it.
Old 10-18-16, 05:10 AM   #12
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

Zuko enjoyed his bunny a lot and then proceeded to make a mess of his tub.. So frustrating I can't clean it right now haha. I don't know what happened to the white balance on this picture (flash photo through the glass at night), but it's the idea that counts
Old 10-18-16, 05:12 AM   #13
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

I'm so happy Loki doesn't give me any issues any more, his eyes look great he's inquisitive, eats great and begs for more! I do still have to heat it up for his highness on occasion.. He will eat it cold 3 /4 times in a row, and then ignore cold food.. weirdo.. Here's a picture of him with his food last night.. And one checking for more food this morning!

Old 10-18-16, 05:25 AM   #14
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

Lyra has been a perfect snake so far, never refuses food, no aggression to me whatsoever (just the food craze) The only issue she has is that her tail tip is bent and I need to pull the last bit of shed of it manually. Feeding her is fun! She requires a little dexterity to feed frozen thawed, she does not really automatically constrict cold food.. When there is food in the vicinity she just flies around with her mouth open.. The trick is getting her to actually grab the food and not your limbs! Then wiggle and wrestle it until she starts to constrict, otherwise she lets go and goes for your nice warm hands trying to close the tub....! A friend of mine was over the other day and he said he would've sworn she was a Platinum super-dwarf. What do you guys think?

Old 10-18-16, 06:41 AM   #15
dannybgoode

So sorry to hear about Xena. At least you can be comfortable she couldn't have had better care than with you.

The rest of the guys are looking amazing as always. Particularly Kira.
0.1 B imperator, 1.0 M spilota harrisoni, 1.0 C hortulanus, 2.1 P reticulatus (Madu locality), 1.1 S amethystine, 1.1 L olivaceous, 1.0 C angulifer, 1.0 Z persicus, 0.1 P regius, 0.1 N natrix, 0.1 E climacophora, 1.0 P obsoletus, 0.1 L geluta nigrtia, 1.0 P catenifer sayi, 1.0 T lepidus
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread