sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-19, 09:39 PM   #1
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Happens to the best of us.

Not sure what set this girl off today but she was in one foul mood. She hasn't bitten or hissed at me since she was a baby. Kinda hurt my feelings more than my hand.

0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Login to remove ads
Old 05-25-19, 12:16 AM   #2
ClockwerkBonnet

Re: Happens to the best of us.

Goodness me... the only hissy gopher snake I ever saw other than this one was a male at an expo (I didn't buy it, btw; I was simply looking around).
Old 05-25-19, 10:10 AM   #3
kudzu

It is an very good example of the bite pattern. Very educational. All those teeth! You know, that wouldn't be half bad as a pattern for a tattoo. You did name her after a warrior & she certainly seems able to live up to her name.

On a side note, upon seeing the angry snake pics my first thought was that maybe it's an albino/hypo thing. My kingsnake was very determined to get out this week. While doing normal everyday snake housekeeping a couple days ago, I had to wrestle and maneuver him back into his cage repeatedly while trying to dodge his strikes. He's never acted like this before but he really has been a man on an escape mission lately. Only once before had he struck at me. This time he packed repeated strikes in a couple minutes time. He landed a couple, but the marks he left weren't nearly as artistic as yours.

Just to cap off my bad snake day, a couples hours later I heard my boyfriend call out for me in a high pitched voice that had me up & running even before he finished saying, "Laura!! One of your snakes is out!" It wasn't quite a girly voice, but was kind of close. Argyle was in a corner, woven through some cords. I tried to get him to go into a box, but that wasn't happening. He bolted and shimmied under a bathroom door. I went inside and BF blocked the space under the door. It took a minute before Argyle was in a place I could use the snake hook. As I carried him back to the cage BF jumped out of the way and Argyle did a bluff strike at BF. It was my first escape and I count myself very lucky that BF saw Argyle when he did. Apparently after the incident earlier in the day, in my upset I'd not fully locked the sliding doors on the cage. Just to embarrass myself further, I will admit that the cage is in my office almost directly in front of my work area. My snake escaped while right under my nose.
Old 05-26-19, 12:44 PM   #4
craigafrechette

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
It is an very good example of the bite pattern. Very educational. All those teeth! You know, that wouldn't be half bad as a pattern for a tattoo.
That's actually a REALLY COOL idea!! It would certainly be a conversation starter!!

It reminds me of Bruins goalie Gerry Cheevers. He was around when goalies first started wearing face masks, and each time he took a puck off the face mask he would paint stitches where the puck hit his mask. It represented all the stitches he would have gotten without the mask.
Old 05-26-19, 05:42 AM   #5
Albert Clark

Hey EL! She wanted to remind you that she's still a wild animal despite being in captivity. We keepers are occasionally reminded of this. She's a beautiful animal for sure. Captive animals with wild instincts in other words.

Last edited by Albert Clark; 05-26-19 at 05:47 AM..
Login to remove ads
Old 05-26-19, 09:19 AM   #6
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Brother AL. So good to "see" you brother! Hope all is well. You're absolutely right. She gave me a sharp reminder that she still has a wild side. I'm usually only on alert with my scrub but I know now to stay more aware with all of them. I had only taken my eyes off her for a moment and BAM! Stay up sir!
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 06-03-19, 08:22 PM   #7
sharthun

Wow, she is a really big girl! Been awhile brother. She looks as awesome as the day you got her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Ziggy View Post
Not sure what set this girl off today but she was in one foul mood. She hasn't bitten or hissed at me since she was a baby. Kinda hurt my feelings more than my hand.

Steve
Old 06-06-19, 09:50 AM   #8
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Brother Steve!! How are you amigo?! It's been too long! Great to "see" you!
Old 06-06-19, 02:20 PM   #9
sharthun

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Ziggy View Post
Brother Steve!! How are you amigo?! It's been too long! Great to "see" you!
Doing well! Getting older by the minute lol. I recently re-homed my corn and albino prairie king snakes. Down to 3 critters now. Tut,Darth and Medusa. I need to take some new pics lol. They have grown a bit. You have a fantastic collection my friend!!

Steve
Closed Thread