border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Enclosure Creation Forums > General Enclosure Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-18, 01:52 PM   #1
R2DeepToot

Question Light/Heat Reccomendations?

Hey guys, I recently built a 6x4x4ft enclosure for my year and a half old boa. I've been heating it over the Summer with the same 75W bulb from her smaller cage. With the the end of Summer upon us and the general temperature declining, I'm going to need to add extra heating. Any recommendations on large heating pads, lights, etc. that could provide my girl with the heat she needs for the winter months in such a large area? The enclosure isn't very air tight but I could easily caulk the edges if that's recommended as well. All hints and tips are greatly appreciated, thanks! (I can try to post a pic if a visual would help but I'm currently having trouble getting it to upload)

-Asa
Login to remove ads
Old 09-10-18, 09:24 AM   #2
Andy_G
Forum Moderator

Re: Light/Heat Reccomendations?

A radiant heat panel would solve your issue completely. They are expensive, but use much less electricity to maintain temps and in my opinion absolutely nothing beats them. The two trusted main manufacturers of these products are Pro Producs and RBI(Reptile Basics). If you google either company name you will find what you are looking for, and each company prefers to be consulted so that they can inform you as to the best product for your needs.
Old 09-10-18, 02:15 PM   #3
craigafrechette

Re: Light/Heat Reccomendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_G View Post
A radiant heat panel would solve your issue completely. They are expensive, but use much less electricity to maintain temps and in my opinion absolutely nothing beats them. The two trusted main manufacturers of these products are Pro Producs and RBI(Reptile Basics). If you google either company name you will find what you are looking for, and each company prefers to be consulted so that they can inform you as to the best product for your needs.
^^^^ agreed, this will be your best bet ^^^^
Closed Thread