border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > General Information Forums > Breeding / Incubation

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-20, 05:52 AM   #1
MaggieShiha

Exclamation Snake Eggs - Need Help

Hello! My female Cal King just laid seven eggs (yesterday) and I didn't know what to do with them until this morning
when I threw together an eggbox based on recommendations online and got a really, really cheap incubator
that I'm not too sure is working. The room they're in is warm anyway.

My question is...do the eggs look fertile or healthy? The lady I got her from said the snake was six years old when
I picked her up and I've had her for about six months. She's always been kind of a chunky snake so I didn't really notice
/ believe she was pregnant until I was holding her and felt seven distinct lumps in her belly. Two days later and here I am.
It's unbelievable but also exciting and I'd like to save them if possible.

So, do the eggs look alive? Can / should I incubate them?
The humidity currently is at 92%, is that too high?

Thanks for any help, I'm feeling pretty lost.
Login to remove ads
Old 05-28-20, 08:05 AM   #2
Jayviator

Re: Snake Eggs - Need Help

Those look pretty healthy to me. They would be more yellow and less “inflated” if they were not fertile. I’d say there’s no reason not to incubate unless you are 100% positive they are infertile (which by the looks isn’t the case). There’s some good videos one YouTube on this kind of stuff. Wish I could help more, but I’m new to the hobby lol
Old 05-29-20, 03:33 PM   #3
chairman

Re: Snake Eggs - Need Help

The eggs look good.

Make sure to set the incubator at around 80F. Technically, they might even hatch at room temperature, but they take an extra month or so to hatch if incubated in the mid 70s.

The humidity isn't too high at 92%, you can get closer to 100% and still be fine. Just make sure to open up the container daily for air exchange so that mold doesn't grow.
Closed Thread

Tags
breeding help, california kingsnake, eggs