border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > General Information Forums > Breeding / Incubation

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-09, 08:40 PM   #1
dannywyze

new ball project

hi all i just wanted to know if anyone had any advise on breeding ball pythons i have had a few clutches successfully already i just feel like i could learn more, i would appreciate anything i could learn from you all.

thanks.
Login to remove ads
Old 03-07-09, 12:42 AM   #2
Chu'Wuti

Re: new ball project

Welcome to the forum, Danny! Several of the folks on here are experienced breeders--Mykee, Julian (citysnakes.com), and Aaron_S off the top of my head. Hopefully they'll jump onto this thread tonight sometime. Enjoy the forum!
Old 03-07-09, 12:03 PM   #3
mykee
Super Genius

Welcome to the site Danny. We'll do our best to help you out along the way with any questions or concerns you might have.
I only hope that you firstly stop passing on bad information to people who are looking for REAL answers.
You're doing nobody any favors, and quite frankly, getting off on the wrong foot here.

Last edited by mykee; 03-07-09 at 12:16 PM..
Old 03-07-09, 06:50 PM   #4
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu'Wuti View Post
Welcome to the forum, Danny! Several of the folks on here are experienced breeders--and Aaron_S off the top of my head.

It's very nice of you to mention me in this now edited quote, but I don't breed ball pythons. I have a good start to a breeding project but I have never done it. I've kept quite a few and have kept snakes for some time.
Old 03-09-09, 06:01 PM   #5
dannywyze

wow! mykee way to be a ****, fist of all im sorry but i didn't mean to say anything way of that just what i was told myself, and it worked so far you just set me strait instead of being a total prick, but thats just who you are i guess. just saying im a dumbass wont help me at all, but im sure it makes you feel better. so any once again if anyone has any info that isn't just to quit it would be nice.
Login to remove ads
Old 03-09-09, 08:11 PM   #6
mykee
Super Genius

Please, don't quit ball pythons on my behalf, I would lose wayyy too much sleep over it. All I ask (simple request really) is that you don't pass on incorrect information to people who are looking for correct information. If you don't know the answers to the questions in the threads, let someone who does kow the answer field them.
Old 03-09-09, 09:15 PM   #7
Pliskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykee View Post
Please, don't quit ball pythons on my behalf, I would lose wayyy too much sleep over it. All I ask (simple request really) is that you don't pass on incorrect information to people who are looking for correct information. If you don't know the answers to the questions in the threads, let someone who does kow the answer field them.

I've been reading your posts since I joined the site, and I would have to agree with dannywyze. YOU ARE A TOTAL PRICK!

Just because you know more about the subject , doesn't mean you know EVERYTHING about it, but you sure make it sound like you do. you can correct someone without the condescending attitude that comes across in your posts. You call people stupid because they don't know something, which YOU think they should know.

you attacking new members of the site instead of politely correcting them if they don't know the facts. you're gonna drive more people away instead of promote the forum.

I know , you'll probably say some crap like " I could care less if you left the site . etc, etc." and , you probably wouldn't care. but I do think you are missing something. As a breeder , and someone who sells snakes, I don't think its in your best interest to alienate your potential customers. or don't you see that?

I sure as hell wouldn't buy a damn thing from you, and I would tell anyone I know to steer clear as well. but you probably don't care about losing any business either.

I know you'll probably correct me on this too , since you know you're right.
Old 03-09-09, 10:40 PM   #8
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
I sure as hell wouldn't buy a damn thing from you, and I would tell anyone I know to steer clear as well. but you probably don't care about losing any business either.
That's sweet dude. More of his animals for me. I'm being serious.

Anyways, this comes up every now and then with Mykee. He's Mykee, he keeps this place fresh and alive. He just doesn't talk to people on forums with "baby gloves" on. More people should have a thicker skin...
Old 03-10-09, 07:03 AM   #9
Chu'Wuti

Funny how I have a totally different impression of Mykee . . . wonder where I got the idea that he's a nice guy with a lot of experience and knowledge that he's willing to share?

Quote:
Welcome to the site Danny. We'll do our best to help you out along the way with any questions or concerns you might have.
I only hope that you firstly stop passing on bad information to people who are looking for REAL answers.
You're doing nobody any favors, and quite frankly, getting off on the wrong foot here.
Guess I'm reading this differently than Dannywyze and Pliskin are, too. First Mykee welcomes Danny very nicely with an offer to help him out--did Dannywyze & Pliskin entirely miss that? Then he politely requests Dannywyze to (reinterpreted) ensure that the info he provides others is accurate--I must say, after seeing several of Danny's responses on other threads in which he shared misinformation--it seemed like a reasonable request to me. They've said much the same to me when I've been off, and I've learned to re-read what I'm saying and ensure it's correct as far as I can.

I also find it interesting that, though Mykee made a polite request to stop sharing bad information, Dannywyze's response was to call Mykee names. Ad hominem attacks never impress me. And that's an understatement.

Frankly, Mykee and Aaron_S are two of the few people on this forum whom I trust to always have GOOD information. I really appreciate all of the help they've given me.
Old 03-10-09, 09:30 AM   #10
mykee
Super Genius

Pliskin; I appreciate your comments regarding how I handle myself on the forums, that is what these open forums are about; sharing. The fact remains that people who are new to the hobby, or those who would like to learn more come this and MANY other forums to gain new information so that they can better take care of their animals. This is not debatable, it is a fact.
These people deserve the correct answers (from the members who have them) to their questions, so they do not start out behind the eight ball with wrong, misinformed posts and information. Any member that spouts of incorrect information as it were true is doing everyone, including yourself on this forum a disservice and should cease and desist. I may be "curt" or "short" with a lot of my posts, this one in particular (if you happen to read the 3 or 4 posts that Dannyboy here made, hopefully you'll at least understand my concern).
I do not appologize for not coddling members, I do my best to answer any serious questions and I have always been one of the first ones willing to share the knowledge I've accumulated and continue to accumulate with anyone willing to ask and then listen. As for your business, I think the quality of my animals over thet last eight or so years speaks volumes about my skill, knowledge, and ability to both listen and learn from others as a breeder in this business, and if I have lost your business because of my 'attitude" on here, I'm neither here nor there about it: I will continue to sell out of my available stock year after year and will also continue to be the same personality that I always have been on the forums. I will also continue to call a spade a spade in any situation I find it appropriate, and not be afraid by the politics and beaurocracy of this business to speak my mind. For the few people that I piss off to the point that they have no use for me, and feel I don't do my fair share for the community on the whole: Pffffffffft!!!! More for Aaron.
Old 03-10-09, 10:17 AM   #11
Faequine

Send a message via MSN to Faequine

>.> i think some people have way to much time on there hands . lol.
Old 03-10-09, 10:22 AM   #12
dannywyze

i wasn't trying to start an attack mykee thread and i apologyzed for the incorect in info i gave that i said i got on other forums like this one. and read mykees other post as well and he is quite abrasive at times. and i got the post to stop saying bad thing to poeple on other threads, so if you want keeping jumping on me every post i make then fine, i was asking for the right info not a beat down from every sruck up snake breeder in canada. so you all dont wont to help me them i wont post any more, and dont respond to my threads.

P.S. thanks pliskin, for you support. but i really wasn't trying to start a fight with anyone.
Old 03-10-09, 11:03 AM   #13
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

I don't know how anyone can help you when you haven't asked any questions in this thread.
Old 03-10-09, 03:31 PM   #14
Smilts

Hasnt yet asked any questions at all. I havnt seen anything Mykee has said to you that was all that rude. But if in the future you have any questions.
Old 03-11-09, 11:42 AM   #15
Pliskin

here's a thread I found that relates to this one, and since its already been hijacked to the point where its got nothing to do with breeding.

Reptiles Canada Forums

poster #6 sums it up the best.

but here's a couple of quotes I thought were particularly relevant.

"I know a good amount of you guys, and I have had a good amount send me private messages stating their opinions on some issues. I will pick on you first mykee (lol). I have had a lot of people contact me about you. how they want to leave the site because of some of the stuff you have pulled/said. The reason they stayed was because of me standing up for the new enthusiasts."

"I can't understand why some people on this forum are so rude. We are all in the hobby together, we all started somewhere, we all make mistakes, we all have opinions. Some of us might know alot about a certain species, but that doesn't make us any better than anyone else, I think we should all practise respect a little more. Sure this is just a forum, but it goes further than that. Anyone who has been rude without reason to me will never get my business, and I see some of you at the expos all the time."

Mykee, I do apologize for calling you a prick, I may have overreacted a bit.

I suspect this guy from the other thread describes you to a T, so I kinda understand where you're coming from more I guess.

"Mykee, you are a slightly hyper, bluntly outspoken perfectionist with no patience for stupidity."

but , I do also think you should lighten up on the newer people. you're obviously passionate about the hobby, and you know your ****. So, don't drive potentially new people away from it with a sour taste in their mouth. you may not think its hurting you directly since you sell out every year, but its not helping to promote the hobby.

and , wouldn't you rather do that instead? just some constructive criticism.
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread