border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Boa Forums > Erycines

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-19, 05:53 PM   #1
Sugar Scythe

Unhappy Kenyan Sand Boa not eating!

I got my lab after Christmas in December. I had been told that it had been f/t, so after giving it some time to adjust I tried feeding it and it accepted the pinky just fine. However since then it has not showed any interest ineating and will not eat. It has been several months and I have tried everything I feel comfortable trying. There are no exotic vets anywhere near where I live. Any advice will be much appreciated!
Login to remove ads
Old 08-31-19, 04:39 PM   #2
Zae

Re: Kenyan Sand Boa not eating!

Hopefully you've gotten your sand boa to eat since you posted. I know it's been a while since you posted this, but I'm new to the site and had the same issuebso I wanted to share in case anyone else comes across this thread.

Try live feeders ASAP.

I bought a medium-sized KSB and was told she was on f/t. I couldn't get her to take anything frozen, and she was too small for the standard pet store mouse feeder.

I contacted my local reptile expo (the pet stores didn't know anyone in the area and I knew of an expo about 2 hours from me, so I just emailed them) and explained that I needed to find a breeder in the local area who could sell me live hoppers. They gave me the info for one of theof vendors who breeds feeder mice in my area, and I've been going to them every few weeks to get live hoppers. They have fuzzies as well. My KSB took the first live hopper with no hesitation.

I hope your sand boa is back on food and is doing well!
Closed Thread