border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-17, 06:10 AM   #1
scales.jp

Stocking fillers

Two of my nieces are crazy about reptiles and all things creepy-crawly, so this year they're getting super low-cost Christmas presents that they definitely won't be getting from anyone else.

I kept a shed skin of my Timor python and put it in a low-cost IKEA frame for one, the other is getting the outer cocoon of a Japanese giant silkworm that I found at a campsite this autumn (in a case from the $1 shop). I think they turned out pretty well!

Attachment 37481

Attachment 37482

Last edited by scales.jp; 12-27-17 at 04:22 PM..
Login to remove ads
Old 12-20-17, 06:29 AM   #2
DJC Reptiles

Re: Stocking fillers

Pretty awesome! I always get useless gift cards to stores I never go to. Why do people even give gift cards anyway? All they do is limit the way you spend your money. So instead of buying roach feed, or an endless supply of light bulbs, I have to buy other stuff, I will never use. Everyone who has a kid on this site, (or anyone getting a gift for a kid) please give them something thoughtful like this (if they are into that sort of thing), anything they like, or if you don't know what they like, amazon or visa gift cards are more useable then the rest. You could always go with cash instead, much more useful then any gift card. Don't fall into the "cash is not a thoughtful gift" loop, because neither are gift cards. Cash is at least usable.
“The Only Difference Between Fear and Respect is Knowledge”(Daniel Jensen).
Old 12-20-17, 08:44 AM   #3
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Those are awesome creative gifts Scales.

@ DJC- I love gift cards! I got an AMEX and an Amazon gift card for the holidays that I can't wait to use. It's also my go-to gift for my nieces, nephews, kid's birthdays, anniversaries, etc. I typically buy Visa, Toys R Us, and movie gift cards.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 12-20-17, 11:12 AM   #4
DJC Reptiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Ziggy View Post
@ DJC- I love gift cards!
Man, I have to say, "I don't get it"
Old 12-21-17, 08:36 AM   #5
trailblazer295

@ djc

That really says more about the people buying them not knowing where you go. I've gotten gift cards to stores friends know I go to all the time. I'll get my dad some to home depot. We both buy all sorts of tools or building materials. I'm sure if you got a reptile expo gift card you wouldn't be complaining lol
Old 12-21-17, 11:54 AM   #6
DJC Reptiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailblazer295 View Post
reptile expo gift card you wouldn't be complaining lol
No, but there are lots of different small stores I buy from to support local businesses. I probably would use said gift card, but cash would be useable anywhere regardless.
Closed Thread