sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Python Regius

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-04, 09:38 AM   #1
aconto

Send a message via ICQ to aconto
Feeding too much

Ive had my Snake for close to a month now... Bought im @ a petstore so not sure how old it is Hes round 15 inches now anyway he seemsed really irratible when i got him so after leaving him alone for a week i decided to try to feed him a feeder mouse live. He ate it with no hesitation. So the following week i picked up 2 more, fed him another one, again same deal no problems. This was on friday. So monday came around and he seemed active so i decided to find out if he would eat again.Sure enough he ate. This was his best job yet So i was sticking with feeding him on fridays so i fed him this last firday no problem (hes gettin noticeable bigger). Now Yeasterday (monday) i thought what the heck i wanna know how often hill eat and he ate again. So my question is this too much. I was under the impression they only eat when there hungry or is my ball a pig?
Login to remove ads
Old 07-20-04, 10:12 AM   #2
Tim_Cranwill

That's not too much at all but you "should" feed him rats. Eventually he will be big enough that he will need 5 or more mice per feeding and you might as well try to make the switch while he's a feeding MACHINE! lol

Oh yea, and it's a whole lot safer to feed him frozen/thawed feeders vs live. You wouldn't want your snake to get injured by a struggling rodent one day...
Old 07-20-04, 11:27 AM   #3
mykee
Super Genius

Feed him as often as he will eat. Don't force him or trick him, but if he wants to eat, feed him. I'm with Tim; rats for sure.
Old 07-20-04, 12:21 PM   #4
aconto

i plan to to use rats but im gunna stick to live or stunned at least foe now cause my gf wont let me keep rats in her freezer so i would need to buy one and live rat pups are harder to come buy round here. Beside i got allot of patience for this so ill deal with whatever comes along... And my goal is to move him up to rats and i have no plans of sticking a live rat in with him... Right now im just glad hes eating lol
Old 07-20-04, 12:27 PM   #5
Tim_Cranwill

Then feed freshly killed rats.... they are still warm and you don't have to store them in your freezer... though it's WAY cheaper to buy frozen. She won't even let you if they are in a sealed bag in a sealed container?
Login to remove ads
Old 07-20-04, 12:33 PM   #6
aconto

lol nope Shes a lil anal bout those type of things... (dogs arn't alowed in the house cause of hair, cant use her canopener to open dog food, and she'll throw away any silverwere if i use it to dish up dog food) I plan to start breeding rats after i move cause my eight year old thinks that will be fun so hopefully that will help offset the cost some. Can anyone tell me offhand what ration of breeding rats should i get to help keep my bp fed
Closed Thread