PDA

View Full Version : Reptile Stores

reptilez
03-05-03, 08:31 PM
I always see people write about PCPC when there talking about pet stores that are great with selling reptiles and have everything you need for them. I was wondering if anyone knows of any Reptile stores other then Port Credit Pets Centre that they have visited and would recommend?
(p.s. I'm not saying PCPC is bad, just that its too far for me)

A store i have heard of but never visited yet is 'Reptilia'???? Any one been there??

Linds
03-05-03, 10:18 PM
I don't want this to come across as being biased because I work there, but rather more of an insiders opinion. Kris' Reptiles is definitely one of the best stores I've been in. Doesn't even smell like a store, smells like flowers most of the time The animals are cared for, their needs are put first and foremost, if an animal needs veterinary care, that's what it gets. They are well fed, water bowls are kept clean and filled (several times daily for the ones that like to make us work :rolleyes: , and cages are spot cleaned daily and fully cleaned as needed. Snakes are provided with feed and shed records. And if we don't feel you are capable of caring for the animal properly, or you don't have the necessary experience for the animal, we have no problem refusing a sale ;) However if your already up Toronto ways, and PCPC is too far, you probably won't be making the trip down to this one :p It's located in St. Catharines on 209 Carlton.

Lisa
03-06-03, 12:10 AM
Reptilia is great, bought 2 snakes from them too, Natasha and Zameya.

Edwin
03-06-03, 02:38 AM
Reptilia is clean and very professional. Their website is www.reptilia.org. My only beef with them is that they hold a lot of children's parties, so the place can be quite a handful at times.

dm101081
03-06-03, 08:02 AM
The Menagerie on Parlaiment. Haven't ben there in like 7 years, but I rember it being pretty good.

PJ's Pet Centre. HAHAHAHA. Just kidding.

Lisa
03-06-03, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Edwin
Reptilia is clean and very professional. Their website is www.reptilia.org. My only beef with them is that they hold a lot of children's parties, so the place can be quite a handful at times.

nothing wrong with children's parties, these are the herpers of the future.

Linds
03-06-03, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Lisa
nothing wrong with children's parties, these are the herpers of the future.

Exactly. We are booked solid with birthday parties at work as well, sure it can be trying, but its great that these kids are being educated on reptiles, especially with the scene being threatened all the time. They are the future, so its important to have them on our side if we want the herp scene to stay alive as well ;)

Stalabros
03-06-03, 12:33 PM
I don't know where you are located, but here in Hamilton we have a decent store called 'The Reptile Store'. Nice and simple, they are generally good with customers and can be bargained with to a certain extent. They're always at the Toronto shows, with probably the one of the largest displays. I like them, that's where I buy my feeders from.

paul_le_snake
03-06-03, 08:25 PM
linds u work at reptilia?

asphyxia
03-06-03, 08:53 PM
Actually the PJ's at yorkdale has a new reptial manager and is actually a lot better than it has ever been.

I still think Reptilia is the best

Brian

Andy_G
03-06-03, 08:59 PM
Anybody know of any good ones in the Ottawa area?

Trace
03-06-03, 09:11 PM
Andy G: I recommend Pet Haven located at St. Laurent and Innes Roads. Their prices are fantasic for supplies and their staff is extremely knowledgeable about reptiles.

Cheers!

Trace

Edwin
03-06-03, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by asphyxia
Actually the PJ's at yorkdale has a new reptial manager and is actually a lot better than it has ever been.

Brian

I totally agree, the new manager has turned the place around. There are now signs on each tank with a brief note about the species' maximum length and care requirements, and the degree of difficulty in caring for it. Also, the cages look much cleaner (no poo or sheds).

nouserpif
03-06-03, 11:27 PM
What about stores in Victoria, BC?
lol
Dan Conner

GECKOMAN
03-08-03, 06:58 PM
PET PADAMONIUM IN FREDERICKSBURG VA